In an effort to achieve greater FAFSA Completion with more accurate filing practices in the state of Kentucky, KHEAA, along with many partner agencies, would like to introduce a new initiative called Sunday FAFSA Funday. This event invites college campuses and organizations across Kentucky to target current college students, their families, and high school seniors to receive expert help on the 2024-25 FAFSA throughout the month of February.
Sites who choose to host a Sunday FAFSA Funday event will:
- Plan and execute an event in February.
- Choose times and time frames that work for their campus.
- Recruit volunteers to assist students and families for their event.
- Assist with marketing efforts for your event.
- Complete a brief survey after the event.
The benefits of hosting a Sunday FAFSA Funday event are:
- Unified effort that KY has agreed to offer FAFSA assistance statewide.
- Targeted audience of current college students who need additional support and guidance.
- Opportunity for high school seniors and their parents to see your campus when coming for FAFSA help.
- Students who attend a Sunday FAFSA Funday event will have an opportunity for additional scholarship funds (details below).
- Assistance with statewide marketing via the event’s website, KHEAA & partners’ social media posts, and email blasts to KY residents.
KHEAA is pleased to announce that students who attend a Sunday FAFSA Funday event in Kentucky can register to receive one of two $500 scholarships to be used at a Kentucky institution. These scholarships will be drawn at random and announced no later than February 29, 2024. KHEAA will confirm student’s attendance at a Sunday FAFSA Funday event by requesting confirmation from the host site. As such, the site hosts should require guests to sign into their event and retain a copy of the sign-in sheet until March 1, 2024.
If you’re ready to host Kentucky’s newest FAFSA Completion event, register now at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZRQ6JD7. Host sites will be emailed a toolkit to be used to plan, prepare for, and implement their event, as well as prepared tweets, Instagram and Facebook posts to help market their event. Included in the toolkit will also be downloadable and printable posters to market your event on campus.
For more information, please contact Casi Benedict, Director of Outreach Services at KHEAA, email@example.com, (270)570-3575.
We hope you’ll join us in serving the students of Kentucky for the first ever Sunday FAFSA Funday!!
KHEAA and Friends
Sunday FAFSA Funday Toolkit